Mom Travel Hacks – Write For Us
Have you ever visited a location that provoked powerful emotions in you? Or have you ever been to a majestic national park, an undiscovered natural treasure, or any other place with a story just begging to be told? Why not share it with our readers in words and pictures?
Mom Travel Hacks is one of the most trusted travel media and publication sites on the internet, providing free travel destination guides, encyclopedias, and long-form travel blogs. We aim to be the one-stop travel portal, and with your help, we might just achieve that goal!
If you are interested in getting your travel writing or photography published, we can help. We accept guest posts from travel bloggers, writers, and photographers, whether you are a freelancer, a student, a solo or group traveler, or a social media influencer. If you are keen to establish your brand by publishing a review or photograph, this is your site.
Writing for Mom Travel Hacks
Words have the power to transport the reader to new places. Mom Travel Hacks reaches more than half a million readers each month through our blog and socials, and the number has kept growing over the years.
One of the qualities of a good writer is being a good reader. We always emphasize the importance of well-researched content that keeps readers interested to the end. We encourage reading and reviewing high authority sites to help you compose articles with a good chance of getting a high search engine ranking and better exposure.
Why we want your contributions
Your contributions to our site give us more great stories, stunning photos, and quality blog posts to share with our readers and followers worldwide. We also get the opportunity to showcase beautiful destinations to fellow travel lovers.
Why you should contribute to Mom Travel Hacks
In return for your contributions, you get the following:
- Your articles, photographs, and your name published on Mom Travel Hacks
- The chance to share your words and pictures with new audiences
- The opportunity to have your work shared on different social media channels
- New knowledge and experiences that could improve your writing skills
- Affiliation with a well-respected travel site (Essential for future career development!)
What type of content are we looking for?
We are always looking for content that offers our readers unique travel tips relevant to moms and women in general. We are especially interested in guides from professional travelers willing to share their travel experience and wisdom.
Travel hacks, secret destinations, memorable experiences‒we will consider anything and everything that has to do with travel if it offers our readers something fresh and new.
Content writing and submission guidelines
We accept articles consisting of 750 words or more. We will occasionally publish shorter pieces at our discretion, but longer articles are more likely to be approved.
After you submit your first draft, we will provide you with feedback and suggestions for revisions if necessary. We have a team of experienced travel writers that will gladly work with you to get your article ready for publication.
There are instances when writers submit articles about topics or destinations that we’ve already featured on our pages. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing. We welcome different perspectives if it offers a fresh take on previously-covered subjects and travel destinations. If we feel that your article provides added value to our site, our writers will work with you to make the necessary changes.
We request that you use commonly available web tools to check for plagiarism to ensure that all content is 100% original before submitting them.
Contributing photos to Mom Travel Hacks
Travel and photography often go hand-in-hand. Look at any popular travel magazine or website, and photos are likely a large part of their appeal.
At Mom Travel Hacks, we believe that what goes on behind every photograph is just as important as what is captured by the lens. More than just beautiful imagery, we look for photos that tell a story and provide a unique insight into the subject. We are especially keen to get a glimpse of the photographer’s personality behind every image.
When submitting photos to Mom Travel Hacks, we encourage you to strive to tell a story visually. By sharing your experiences in your own unique way, your work will have a much better chance of being featured on our pages.
Guidelines for photo submissions
We require a minimum resolution of 1280 by 720 pixels for featured images, portrait or landscape orientation. We recommend that you submit a few different versions of each photo.
You should own the copyright to all submitted photographs. Please do not include watermarks, logos, or website URLs in the photos.
Here are some suggested topics for your photo submissions:
- Adventure activities. Have you gone on an exciting adventure or visited an adventure destination? Tell us about it in pictures!
- Cultural encounters and experiences. We always welcome stories and pictures about different countries and cultures.
- Long-term travel itineraries. We are especially interested in contributions from people that have been traveling for months or years, preferably to different locations.
- Medical and wellness tourism destinations. Healthcare and wellness travel topics are always popular among our readers.
- National parks and monuments. Submit your travel reports and experiences to these destinations.
- Personal journeys and pilgrimages. We love content that shares unique perspectives, reflections, and insights gained while traveling.
- Space travel. Of course, very few people have had the opportunity to go on a space trip. But we welcome journalistic content covering this specialized subject.
- Traveling with crypto. Share your tips and insights on using cryptocurrency to pay for food, lodging, and transportation.
- Travel stories and trip reports. Everyone sees the world through different lenses. Share your unique perspective on what makes a particular location special.
- Underwater and ocean exploration. Marine life, seascapes, and ocean destinations are always popular with our readers.
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Share your photos of world heritage sights that you’ve personally visited.
- Job searches and volunteer work. Let our readers know what it’s like to search for jobs and do volunteer week in a new city or country.
How to share your photos with Mom Travel Hacks
If you want your photos published on Mom Travel Hacks, send us an email with your proposal at email@example.com. Expect a reply within five to ten business days.
If we do publish your photo, we will include your name with it. After you become a regular contributor to the site, we will create an author biography page for you if you wish.
Who owns the copyright to my photos?
You will be properly credited for all content you submit to Mom Travel Hacks. However, we reserve the right to publish and reproduce all submitted materials at our discretion.
All approved articles and photographs submitted for publication may not be republished, reproduced, or syndicated on any other website, forum, or offline publication, including your own. We also reserve the right to change or remove your posts at any time in the future and change the domain associated with your content without relinquishing ownership or copyright.
How to promote your work
We at Mom Travel Hacks are strong believers in cooperation and partnership. This phrase best sums up our policy with all contributors: “We promote you, you promote us.”
We encourage all our contributors to do the following to gain more exposure for the site as well as their own content:
- Follow us on social media. Find Mom Travel Hacks on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest, and click “Follow” to receive regular updates. We also ask that you share and like the page.
- Link to and from us. Please link back to us and your guest post if you have a blog or personal website. Google, Yahoo, Bing, and other search engines respond favorably to reciprocal backlinking. For our part, we will link to your website and social media accounts.
- Mention us. If you write or submit photos to travel magazines, newsletters, or websites, please consider mentioning Mom Travel Hacks. Feel free to add yourself to the platform as a frequent contributor.
- Write quality content. The best way to attract new audiences and retain existing ones is to create content worth coming back for. The higher the quality of your content is, the more likely people will be to return to the site and share it.
- Focus on popular subjects. Writing good content is only one part of the equation. It is just as important to know the topics and destinations that will interest potential readers.
- Word of mouth. Finally, we encourage you to share the site, its contents, and your contributions to friends, family, and colleagues. We find that this is still one of the most effective ways to get the word out about Mom Travel Hacks.
That about covers everything you need to know about having your content featured on our site. We eagerly await your contributions and are excited to welcome you to the Mom Travel Hacks family. So get in touch with us at the soonest possible time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.